Health Benefits of Turmeric Powder
Turmeric is a magical spice and the best food on the earth which is used in each & every home in India. Turmeric is the key ingredient in curry powder having yellow in color. Turmeric has many proven medicinal properties as well as many health benefits to your body recognized by Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
Turmeric is used in India for a decade as a natural home remedy for many of diseases like arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, diabetes, HIV, high cholesterol, heartburn, jaundice, liver disorders, and menstrual disorders. So check out these amazing health benefits of turmeric given below:
- If you are suffering from arthritis pain & asthma then use turmeric powder mixed with hot/warm milk, stir well & drink, it is the best natural home remedy for arthritis and provide relief from pain.
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties it can be used externally on wounds, cuts, burns & Injuries.
- Drinking turmeric tea three times a day helps to cure acne problem.
- Turmeric is very useful for the digestive system and functions of liver & detoxifying the blood. It also helps to reduce gas and bloating problem & helps in weight loss.
- Turmeric also stimulates bile production in the liver, which helps to digest fats.
- Turmeric helps to protect brain tumor, prostate cancer & breast cancer due to the presence of antioxidants which fights with the free radicals caused by cancer.
- It also helps in common cold, cough & flu if drinking one time regularly with warm milk due to its anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties.
- Recently scientific studies have proven that the turmeric powder can reduce insulin resistance, which helps in type 2 diabetes. An alternative Curcumin extracts or capsules can also be used as turmeric powder.
- Turmeric can be used to reduce the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Turmeric powder improves skin condition in acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots, eczema & psoriasis. & acts as a skin toner agent.
- Turmeric helps in genetic defect that causes cystic fibrosis.
- Turmeric contains curcumin and vitamin B6 which helps to stop the oxidation of cholesterol caused by unhealthy cholesterol levels and prevent the cardiovascular disease like heart attack, Stroke & high blood pressure.
- Turmeric powder, sendha Namak mixed with sesame oil can be used as a pain relief home remedy for gum & dental problems.
- It also helps with the side effect of the chemotherapy.
- In China Turmeric is used to treat depression.
In brief turmeric has many other health benefits like Aids joint and bone health, Supports eye health, Lipid metabolism, Supports healthy blood and circulatory system, Promotes a healthy female reproductive system, osteoarthritis, Atherosclerosis, preserving healthy brain function, removes unwanted hairs, wonderful natural body scrub if mixed with besan (ground flour) and much more. If you know more about Turmeric health benefits please share your knowledge with us via the comment box given below.